Whispering Pines Pet Resort is accredited with the Pet Care Facilities Act, the Better Business Bureau, and is a member of Pet Care Services.
Whispering Pines Pet Resort is staffed by knowledgeable, attentive and caring staff. We treat your pets as our own. Our staff is able to provide outstanding care for “Special Needs Pets,” including geriatric and diabetic pets.
We do not have breed restrictions. We welcome all dog and cat breeds.
Whispering Pines Pet Resort offers a wide variety of dog training for your brand new puppy or your show dog.
Our knowledgeable and experienced trainers work with you and your dog to bring out the best in you both. In our separate heated training building, complete with mats and wall mirrors, allows your dog to learn and improve in a positive, safe environment. Our show conformation trainers at Whispering Pines Pet Resort have competed and shown dogs in many dog shows, including the Westminster Kennel Club show in New York and the Eukanuba Dog Show.
What is the Goal of PAWS-itive Traits Dog Training?
Julie Reiff – Professional Dog Trainer and owner of PAWS-itive Traits Dog Training builds a positive relationship between you and your dog through dog training and behavior modification.
WOLF PACK THEORY: dogs come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, but they are all derived originally from the wolf. Wolves (and dogs) are, by nature, pack animals that function as groups with a hierarchical structure. When you bring a dog into your home, it will naturally consider your family its new pack. “PAWS”-itive Traits will teach you how to communicate with your dog(s) that you are the leader of the pack!
- All breed obedience for adult dogs as well as puppies 8 weeks and up.
- Private classes available in your home or at my location (Garden Acres Park in Longmont)
- Behavior Modification – aggression issues, barking, separation anxiety, etc.
- Puppy Training – including housebreaking, chewing, biting, and jumping on people.
- Off leash training
- Using positive reinforcement training
- Boarding & Training also available at Whispering Pines Pet Resort! This is a particularly nice option as it allows your dog to brush up on the training skills or even work on more challenging issues while you are busy or on vacation. It’s helpful, convenient, and the extra stimulus is not only great for your dog’s brain, but they’ll love it too!
- Return to Heel
- Place (go to a dog bed on command)
- Inside/Outside (for control at doorways)
- Load/Unload (for control at car)
- Long leash work
Whispering Pines Pet Resort offers a wide variety of options available as far as price and times for classes.
Please call 303-776-3907 to discuss and see what option would work best for you and your particular situation.